The ZGMF-2000 GOUF Ignited is a new-model mass-production aerial combat mobile suit developed by ZAFT to replace the aging AMF-101 DINN. Notable pilots of the GOUF Ignited include Yzak Joule, Heine Westenfluss, and Shiho Hahnenfuss.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Developed based on the ZGMF-1000 ZAKU Warrior as part of the New Millenium Project, the GOUF Ignited shares numerous internal components with its predecessor as well as appearing overall quite similar. However, it lacks the ZAKU's ability to use optional Wizard Packs, instead equipping a high-mobility flight pack.
- MA-M757 "Slayer Whip" Heat Rod
- The most versatile weapon of the GOUF Ignited are its two MA-M757 "Slayer Whip" heat rods, with one rod mounted inside each forearm. These rods can be used to whip a target and at the same time deliver an electric charge, causing great pain to the pilot. When the charge is delivered while the heat rod is wrapped around an object, the shock causes the object to explode. The rod, as its name implies, can also heat up to such a degree that it can slice lightly armoured suits in half.
- M181SE "Draupnir" 4-barrel Beam Gun x2
- Mounted to each of the GOUF Ignited's forearms is a four-barreled, rapid-fire machinegun designed to take down high-speed aerial target. It is primarily a medium-range weapon, and its effectiveness at long range is limited.
- MMI-558 "Carnwennan" Beam Sword
- Similar to the ZAKU Warrior, the GOUF Ignited's primary melée weapon is stored inside its shield. In the GOUF's case, it is a compact anti-MS beam sword. This weapon has a physical blade that extends when drawn and has deploys a beam along both edges of the sword, giving it cutting power equal to that of a beam saber, while the added mass of the physical blade gives it greater momentum when swung.
- MA-M343 Beam Rifle
- A compact beam rifle that supplements the GOUF Ignited's built-in armament and is its primary ranged weapon. When not in use, it is stored on a hardpoint on its waist.
- MMI-M182 Air Gunlauncher
- An optional ranged weapon that the GOUF Ignited is able to equip, it is a shell-firing launcher similar to that of the GAT-X103 Buster, albeit much more compact and optimized for use against aerial mobile suits. When not in use, it is stored on a hardpoint on the GOUF's waist.
- M68 "Cattus" 500mm Recoilless Cannon
- The same bazooka that was originally used by the ZGMF-1017 GINN, its high power and range means that the weapon remains in service, used by the ZAKU Warrior as well as the GOUF Ignited
- MF-101C mobile escape pod
- Like the ZAKU Warrior, the GOUF Ignited's cockpit block is built inside an armored escape pod loosely similar to that of the ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam
- The GOUF Ignited is heavily based on the MS-07B Gouf from Mobile Suit Gundam, as well as the MS-07H Gouf Flight Type. The color scheme of Yzak's GOUF is based on the former.
- GOUF stands for Guardian Of Unity Flight
- "Carnwennan" is a weapon fron Arthurian legend, a dagger borne and used by King Arthur. While the GOUF's "Carnwennan" is a true beam sword, it is less than half the length of the Sword Impulse Gundam's "Excalibur" beam swords, and about two-thirds the length of the Storm Impulse's "Caliburn" swords.